Thursday, December 13, 2018

Turn of a Calendar Page


     New Year's resolutions, New Year's intentions, to-do list, bucket list- unadulterated insanity! I believe indulging in this ritual will cause completely unnecessary stress and wasted productivity.
Consider my post "Church of Attaboy".  I was a little more than put out with organized religion when I wrote it. The theme plays into a recent post by my good friend, Angela.  She proposes that we focus on kindness. I like it.
     My take on it maybe a little off-center and not exactly altruistic, but I further propose that the first person to receive kindness should be one's self.
     I am generally kind-try to help when I can.  I often suggest options for seemingly undoable tasks. Offering advice comes easily, but it's a double-edged sword.  I should be able to seek advice as easily. Right?  The scale is heavily unbalanced and I am trying to adjust.  So, I'm placing more on the self- side and kindness is the pile I am borrowing from.
     I am depleted. My energy fields need adjustment. The Reiki masters have confirmed the diagnosis.  I've had the symptoms for years, but didn't want another traditional psychoanalysis.  Psychobabble has its place and is a good fit for some.  I'm not "some". Matter of fact, I'm not anything that I believed in and "believed" is a relative term.
     Grateful that I am part of the solution and not the problem, I have renewed energies and unlimited opportunity to share a universal message.  However, I am not primed and must devote myself to developing my gift.  I won't be depleted very long.
     So back to the kindness thing. Just imagine what you could accomplish if your day began with just one goal. Find a reason for liking yourself.  Have a dose of ego with your coffee. Know that you will make a difference today. Take a chance on kindness. Let me know how it works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment