Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Turn of a Calendar Page

New Year's resolutions, New Year's intentions, to do list, bucket list- unadulterated insanity! I believe indulging in this ritual will cause completely unnecessary stress and a wasted productivity.

Consider my post "Church of Attaboy".  I was a little more than put out with organized religion when I wrote it. The theme plays into a recent post by my good friend,  Angela.  She proposes that we focus on kindness. I like it.

My take on it maybe a little off center and not exactly altruistic, but I further propose that the first person to receive kindness should be one's self.

I am generally kind-try to help when I can.  I often suggest options for seemingly undoable tasks. Offering advice comes easily; but it's a double edged sword.  I should be able to seek advice as easily. Right?  The scale is heavily unbalanced and I am trying to adjust.  So, I'm placing more on the self side and kindness is the pile I am borrowing from.

I am depleted. My energy fields need adjustment. The Reiki masters have confirmed the diagnosis.  I've had the symptoms for years, but didn't want another traditional psycho analysis.  Psycho babble
has its place and is a good fit for some.  I'm not "some". Matter of fact, I'm not anything that I believed in and "believed"is a relative term.

Grateful that I am part of the solution and not the problem, I have renewed energies and unlimited
opportunity to share a universal message.  However, I am not primed and must devote myself to developing my gift.  I won't be depleted very long.

So back to the kindness thing. Just imagine what you could accomplish if your day began with
just one goal. Find a reason for liking yourself.  Have a dose of ego with your coffee. Know that you will make a difference today. Take a chance on kindness. Let me know how it works out.














No comments:

Post a Comment