Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Another Place, Another Time

   Another Place, Another Time

I have changed. Looking at my reflection, it's not evident. I have shifted. Listening to my voice,
you will not notice. There has been an infusion of energy; a quiet disruptive shock wave which knocked me off my pedestal.
    There is a difference between change and flexibility. I have always been flexible. It's a pattern
of survival in my lifestyle. Military families adapt. Being able to pick up and move, resettle and blend in and repeat becomes the norm. Once separation or retirement interrupts the pattern, some cycles
of habitual living remain. It is the burden I live every day. Having devoted years to perpetual interruption, I am uncomfortable with predictability. I embrace change, or so I thought.
     Seated in the blue under-stuffed easy chair, I knew what was coming, but I didn't know what to expect.  Across from me was my life coach, who with a soft voice and reassuring smile, began the dialog to my awareness. "Close your eyes," she began. For the next hour, she guided me through my inward journey.
     I was warm, safe and willing. Meeting my soul's incarnation in a place and time only history books reveal was comforting to me. I was not surprised to be there. Truth is never surprising. Truth is
validation.
     Refreshed from my subconscious travels, the conversation between us was deeply engrained
in a comparison of life lessons. What did I learn then?  How do I use that truth to change my circumstances? Can I complete the lesson and ready myself for ascension?
     There was no fog upon awakening, but there was a steely calmness which masked my personality.
I was focused and braced for conflict...a deeply mind-altering conflict. The result of which presented itself as a migraine.  One so forceful, that I was unable to control it.
     The next day, in a short text with my coach, I was told that my body found the whole process hard. It was a first journey. Sometimes virgin exploration can overwhelm. Today is the third day in a new mindset. I am on less shaky emotional ground. I feel fortified and no longer need the armor of another's perception.
     As I have said numerous times before: I am. The universe is teaching me and I am its perpetual student-whether in this lifetime or the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment