Thursday, July 18, 2019

Change

Change

In my pre waking hours, I had an internal debate. Debates get my blood circulating and my senses heighten in the chance the winning team needs reinforcements. This morning's discussion is timely.
A simple topic - change.

Just to give my teams an advantage, I looked up the vast listing of synonyms. Each word shaved off a little edge, softened the keyword. In my authorly world, there is no accidental match of a noun to a verb. The exercise is precise and at times aggravatingly so.

The very generic word  "change",  allows for interpretation. I need to be cautious in its use for there is power behind it. And that power is overshadowing my journey.  One step, balance, second step, pause has become the rhythm of my life. Didn't use to be; I could run and never reach a goal. My life was all in good fun. Sprinting to nowhere, in particular, was enticing, life-affirming, frightening and
left me wanting for more.

Change - I don't feel used up, exactly, just cautious. No more bounding out of bed (metaphorically) and filling my moments with multi-tasking shit.

Change - I now shop in the universal metaphysical version of the hardware store. My archaic toolset
is useless. The skills, so carefully honed over sixty years are obsolete.

Change - Hours pass and I am not in control. There is a new cadence and it is strong. Passivity is necessary for focus.

Change - What defined me no longer serves me. Remnants leave cavernous spaces in my life's
hope chest. I do not need to restock. I am enough.

Change - Trust is necessary. Fear is dark and I am of the light. The universe does not exist in the subtlety of Payne's grey spectrum. Creation is only cast in a momentary shadow. My path is fully lit and even if I stumble, the sting of failure can not scar me. I am because I was destined to be.

Change - I am here at the perfect moment. There is little preparation ahead. The awareness of the soul
allows me to ascend and to be that which transitions the question of "who am I" to "I am".

Stagnation - Nope; just destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment