Sunday, July 7, 2019

A Personal Archeology

     A Personal Archeology

The thought of my remains (if I choose to leave them) being a repository of other life forms is intriguing. To be interred and archived, to be rediscovered and analyzed is seemingly appropriate.
Curiosity does not define a species but rather the evolutionary process of said species. Right?
     So here lays my body in tandem with the other me's. I have become nutrient-rich soil and the new me is wriggling up into the light. That's one hell of a wake-up call.
But it's possible.
     It's preferential treatment of one so in tune with nature. When the human life form ceases functionality why not encourage a new beginning? The art of storytelling could be oh, so much more
enriched. The blending together of reality and fantasy. Of course not knowing what exactly my relations will wiggle themselves into as they greet the light makes the whole spectrum kind of magical.
     To want to experience that which is unfamiliar is the polar opposite of playing it safe.  Who wants to transition into what didn't work the first time? If the lesson was a failure, why would the universe
guide the soul to repeat the process?  Surely, the lesson wasn't that important in the first place. I'm in favor of finite attempts at anything. Perfection is unattainable. Why not try something new?
     Really, the evolutionary process is always forward-moving. Yes, I laugh at the comic strip of Darwin's Theory in reverse; ape into man into ape again. We, as a society, have limited hope for the inevitable.
     We think that age and wisdom stalls only to revert into child-like mentality.  I don't believe it's that simple. What if the aging process is a preparatory step which will eventually bridge the gap to who we really are?
     I think about these open-ended questions all the time. It is the latent scientist in me. Having ascended into the fourth dimension of late, I am grasping to stay there. My purpose is to enlighten. I can do that once the chaos of living in three dimensions dissipates. I can do that once I let loose that which no longer serves me. I can do that knowing that everything in this universe is fluid and I am carried in the gentle current of time, which is eternal.



No comments:

Post a Comment