Saturday, August 13, 2016

Living With Kong

"Stop humpfing at me…it's disrespectful that you do not use more than one word to reply, it's like you're not listening to me...that's one of the reasons sending me back to the psychiatrist" I said. He didn't reply, just walked out of the house on his way to the movies.

I can't believe the retrogression manifesting itself in my spouse of 28 years.

It's impertinent, discourteous and rude to reply to EVERYTHING I say in the monosyllabic retort.  It's been this way for a couple of years now.  The only break I get is when we are in public or in unfamiliar surroundings; then he manages a clever and well thought reply.  If I said, "my mole has sloughed off",  he would compose an entire paragraph to describe his interest, surprise, consolation, whatever.

This repugnant development in his personality is a tell as to his eventual return to the primate survival kit.  He's beginning to resemble the troupe and I am hopeful that I can supplement my retirement by renting him out to those who study the species.  He would be a great addition to any primate study.  Research could reach full circle; not with the conclusion that humans evolved from but also regress to the original biped.

I can join Dr. Jane Goodall, Dian Fossey and their contemporaries ( as an honorary member, of course)
with my contribution to the continued studies of living with apes (great apes, lesser apes, chimpanzees, etc.)

I don't understand why the medical community hasn't stopped to consider that the chronic degeneration of the body, as it ages, is simply evolution in reverse.  The diagnosis' which consume and support the pharmacological sectors could be redefined, although acceptance of this inevitability may lead to new networking within the medical and architectural leaders.New think tanks, new industries, a boon to our economy…all related to the eventuality of ditching current trends to support our aging populations.

New design concepts would have to be created in order for us to live as we once did. Jungle gyms come to mind and lots of sand boxes with rocks which could be sharpened into tools for every day use.

The Naked and Afraid reality show could be the latest trend in mini documentaries to validate that the primordial can not be genetically altered.  It can not be bred out of the human. In our desperate
attempt to prolong life and dishonor the natural world, we ignore purpose, we ignore the circle of life which is inherent in the diversity of species which survive.

All this outpouring of possibilities comes from my observations  in my husband's  simple choice of vocabulary. At this point, I hope it is a choice, but it could be destiny.

I'm excited to see how close to the original neanderthal my husband resembles in the coming decade.  His vocabulary is already primed...


No comments:

Post a Comment