Sunday, August 7, 2016

Up?

Up?

By

Laura Duerrwaechter

2016


I rearranged three green houseplants yesterday. My routine is to water every few days, remove yellow leaves and other debris, dust and turn. They weren't surviving in the tiered wrought iron plant stand.  The former trio was separated and placed on tabletops throughout the house, all within close proximity to north-facing windows. The plant stand is at curbside.

Today, they are not the same plants. They are hopeful and leaves upturned toward the promise of sunshine.

I wonder, is there a parallel to my own existence?

What would happen if I dusted off myself, turned and headed north? Is it the universal magnetic field
of my soul? Is it north or just up?

If it's north, geographically, I'd be in Canada eventually. No problem, I have a valid ten-year passport.
Always wanted to go there; it's on my bucket list actually.

If it's up, I don't know what method would be at my disposal.  I suppose I could carry the ladder out back and climb it. Arriving at the top, sit and view the possibilities from that perspective.  Could be just enough to give me the space I need to carry on.  That would be okay for a single effort. Seems rather improbable that I would be willing to tote that ladder with me everywhere I go.

How else does one get up?  Jumping, rock climbing, stilt walking, jet pack, parasailing or hot air ballooning?  Flying?  NASA? Absolutely…there are options!

Is it altitude that I require? Or is it the need to focus on the light source, to become diurnal and thrive
under the sustaining light from sun and starlit canopy?

Something within already knows and is the reason my home is awash with sunlight. Something within
already keeps me navigating where the shadows do not linger.

I am aware of the science behind this but I have forgotten the biology, botany and chemistry lessons once studied in school.  I am not discrediting the facts; I am appreciating that these thoughts keep me entertained and in a constant state of wonder.

I have been a recent visitor to "up" during an out of body experience, with a Shaman at Stonehenge, Amesbury, Wales. I connected with the universe and its' myriad residents.  Believe it or not; I do not wish to entangle you in my experience, only wish to share that my existence was not limited to sensory
exploration.  The soul is fluid and the need to connect with ALL things can not be accomplished
within the limits of five senses.

My journey's evolution came late in life.  That's okay. There's no timeline, even when the body
ceases to provide the security of life as I knew it.  My soul will travel and reincarnate and I shall be the where, what, who, how and why because I exist.

"I think, therefore, I am". I must give homage to Descartes for his meditative points.  It would be difficult to adapt his philosophy as a template for my own, but his words and my understanding of those words validate my present self.

In sync with the universe?  I am hopeful. This soul is tired and ready for what lays beyond the perceived horizon.  Newfound knowledge is transformative; what will be, will be and I can't wait to get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment