Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Right Place and Time

Oprah and Dr. Phil were guests in my living room this past Sunday afternoon.  I was an involuntary audience member to one of her series: “Life Lessons”.  Sounded interesting, so I stayed tuned in and had an “ah-ha” moment…

B.A.I.T.E.R.: an acronym having to do with the personality characteristics of bad people.  Backstabbers, Abusers, Imposters, Takers, Exploiters and/or Reckless people.

I admit to relationships with every one of the above. You’d think that some were more prevalent in the male of the species.  Not so…Evil is not gender-specific.

Without going into detail, I just wanted to say that “I’m large and in charge”. That’s it. I am in your face without apology or begging forgiveness.  Don’t even go there and assume that you have entitlement to MY life. 

I am not an angry woman, I don’t require the services of clergy, psychologist or radio talk show host with oh so soothing voice.  I am decided (and it’s a unanimous effort in collaboration with my committee-those souls who guide my everyday encounters) that my choices are entirely mine.

My legacy is in progress. The goodness, charity and inner beauty I share is my gift.
It is available to everyone who journeys alongside.

My creative energies are joyful and well-meaning.  I offer them with no expectations.  My extended hand is not seeking refuge from the storm.  It is there for you to grasp. Hold tightly if you must, for I am strong.

I am in a new and wonderful place. I am free from definition; limitless in my abilities, as if the child within me has awakened from sleep.

The dream is beckoning and I am saying yes. I am more than my existence and perhaps greater than another’s perception. I have looked within and found it was there from my beginning.  Through the journeys and evolutions of my soul, the definitive “me” has been perfected.

I inhale all that is mine.  When I release my final breath, my gifts will carry on in the hearts of those who shared that which was mine to give.



No comments:

Post a Comment